N900 router compatible with AC1900 Access Point?

Alan2772

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
My current router is an Netgear N900 router. I currently want to add an extra access point as the two lan connection points are on opposite ends of the house. Does my access point also have to be a N900 router or can it be different?

Solution
It doesn't matter the same rules apply you make sure the radio frequencies do not interfere remembering that 802.11ac device use 80mhz of bandwidth. Both devices talk to end user device not each other so what encoding they run makes little difference.

Your end device will likely connect to either without problems. The only thing that is incompatible is the ac1900 running at 600m. That is a speed that is not officially part of the 802.11n standard and many devices do not support it. Then again few end device have 3 antenna to even think to use it. Lucky everything will negotiation the best speed it can and the routers will just run slower protocols to communicate with them.
It doesn't matter the same rules apply you make sure the radio frequencies do not interfere remembering that 802.11ac device use 80mhz of bandwidth. Both devices talk to end user device not each other so what encoding they run makes little difference.

Your end device will likely connect to either without problems. The only thing that is incompatible is the ac1900 running at 600m. That is a speed that is not officially part of the 802.11n standard and many devices do not support it. Then again few end device have 3 antenna to even think to use it. Lucky everything will negotiation the best speed it can and the routers will just run slower protocols to communicate with them.

Solution