Question NACON Wired Illuminated Compact Controller is no longer recognised ?

brian_fargo

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
I don't know what happened but the PC no longer recognizes my gamepad. I basically installed the gamepad software from the manufacturer's website. I ran that and it hasn't recognized my controller since.
This is the gamepad:

NACON

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does the PC recognize other gamepads/controllers?

Does the "failed" gamepad work on other known working PCs?

Determine if the problem follows the gamepad or stays with the PC.

What error messages, windows, pop-ups etc. (if any) appear when the gamepad fails to work?

Try another download and pay close attention to what happens.

When I clicked the NACON driver's download link my download window indicted a Failed .zip file.

brian_fargo

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
Yes, the PC recognizes other gamepads/controllers.
No error messages, windows, pop-ups etc. are displayed.
These are the specifications: Windows 10 (21H2 version), Biostar H81MHV3 motherboard, Intel Pentium G3250 CPU, DDR3 Corsair PC3-14900 2x4 GB, Crucial SSD 240 GB, Hard Disk Western Digital Blue 3.5" 1000 GB, Hard Disk Western Digital Blue 3.5" 250 GB, Hard Disk 2.5" 500 GB.
The "failed" gamepad does not work on other PCs.

The gamepad was working fine yesterday.
The problems arose when I installed the drivers from the NACON official site.
How to reset the gamepad ?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
"The problems arose when I installed the drivers from the NACON official site. "

When you attempt to download the drivers are there any problems? I still see "Failed download" with regards to the following .zip file:

PS4OFCPAD-1.17_PATCH.zip.

Appears to be a patch and not the full driver download that I would expect to see.

However, that is the only download file that appears as a choice under Support & Drivers > Drivers > Windows > Download.

I did not note any gamepad reset options via the User Manual:

https://media.nacongaming.com/media/downloadable_media/PS4OFCPADCL_IB_Web_20190424.pdf