[SOLVED] name server set up for global

p_dutta06

Commendable
Mar 9, 2017
Dear Sir
I want to configure my name server (DNS) for public so that i can access it from out side through internet. I know to configure it within LAN but not globally. Now i want to know about required devices for that configuration...please please help me to do that.. thanks in advance

Solution
It is unclear what you are asking.

If you want to make the ip of your router be usable by name there is a function called dynamic dns. This allows you to assign some name to your internet connection in your home even if the ip changes. The better providers no longer offer this service for free. You can search the topic dynamic dns and there is lots of information.

A actual DNS server would mean you own a domain which is highly unlikely. You would need to work with ISP to accomplish this.
It is unclear what you are asking.

If you want to make the ip of your router be usable by name there is a function called dynamic dns. This allows you to assign some name to your internet connection in your home even if the ip changes. The better providers no longer offer this service for free. You can search the topic dynamic dns and there is lots of information.

A actual DNS server would mean you own a domain which is highly unlikely. You would need to work with ISP to accomplish this.

Solution