Naming harddrives in Properties

PooBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004

Should I name the hard drive on the hard drive properties General tab by
the Product name or by the serial number ?
I can remember naming a hard drive by the product name and the name
just kept disappearing , ha ha .

poobear wrote:
> Should I name the hard drive on the hard drive properties General tab by
> the Product name or by the serial number ?
> I can remember naming a hard drive by the product name and the name
> just kept disappearing , ha ha .

It shouldn't matter. That just applies a volume label to the partition.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows