Nanny madness

I had read horror stories about buggy nannies, so until now I have let my
Sims take care of their own kids, quitting work when the vacation days ran
out (though this could take some time since you get 3 new ones for each
time you have kids). But this time both of the parents had a
career-related life goal in the police force, surely a noble cause. So I
let the mother hire a nanny to keep track of her schedules.
The nanny arrived, and she did her work admirably. Not only did she make
sure the toddler was fed and clean, she also entertained him, and when he
was playing with the wabbit, she cleaned the whole house, doubling as a
maid. This was quite a pleasant surprise!
The next surprise, however, came around midnight, long after the nanny had
gone home. Suddenly she showed up again, and started working. Somewhat
more relaxed at this time of the day, she also took time to play pranks on
the mother, repeatedly. I can see a good spanking coming up if she
continues that. But on the bright side, she is taking goood care of the
toddler, so the parents can get some well deserved sleep.
I have no idea what will happen next. But it seems that yes, nannies are
indeed buggy.

good sign." -G

I can't imagine raising kids in S2 without a nanny. Some of them also
make very good maids (but, alas, some do not). Some are more diligent
about taking care of the kids, too. The biggest problem I have is when
a kid is both moderately hungry and extremely tired. The kid wants to
sleep, the nanny puts the kid in high chair, kid screams, nanny goes to
get food. If, at this point, the nanny gives the kid the food, the
toddler will eat it, then the nanny can put them to bed (with,
perhaps, a trial or three at putting the kid on the floor first).
However, if the nanny puts the food down and gets the kid to put it on
the floor, you can get stuck in an endless loop...or seemingly endless
loop. If a parent is around, they can intervene (with the player
breaking undesired thought bubbles on the child) and feed the kid
properly. If you keep an eye on the kids and don't let them get both
exhausted and hungry at the same time, nanny care loops can mostly be
avoided. Note, toddlers can ask for food even if no adult is around to
help break this loop before it starts. However, once a toddler
becomes extremely tired, they are cranky and unco-operative, no matter
what.