Napster to Live On in the UK and Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Regarding: "Sony Ericsson Dropping Ericsson Name in 2012 "

Good move, as the Sony name ranks among the highest in brand recognition. This decision will prove to be the right one, as average consumers like "Sony" better than "Sony Ericsson."

With that being said, I still don't like Sony.

NOTE: Perhaps one of our smarter readers can figure out why I posted this here?
(The real reason, not some silly joke) :)

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Thank you Napster, I "acquired" all the songs I ever wanted back in 2000.[/citation]
Yeah, same here! Ah, the good old days...

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
I miss my legit Napster (yes, I'm a sucker who pays for the service). Rhapsody is not cutting it for me. Napster was so much better at organizing genres plus you had access to billboards top 100 tracks for the past 40 years or so. That made looking for old but forgotton favs easy.

G

I wonder how long it will be available in the UK and Germany? The original notice said, "International Napster Members are unaffected by this change and continue to enjoy Napster in Canada, Germany and United Kingdom," but they shut down Canada:

"As you probably know by now, Napster transitioned their business to Rhapsody in the US but decided to shut down their Canadian operations. Rhapsody has aspirations of eventually entering the Canadian market but no plans have been announced at this point.

Navin, Rhapsody Customer Relations"

Status
Not open for further replies.