Question NAS connection problem

Mar 26, 2023
Hi
I have a NAS set up with static IP address (192.168.1.50) which I am no longer able to access via a web browser. I have tried current versions of Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I am able to ping the NAS via the cmd line and am able to map network drives usein the static address. The Lenovo software states NAS is on a different subnet and and not routable. Any hints on solving this without resetting the NAS would be appreciated.
OS current version Windows 10 fully updated.
Thanks
JimC

kanewolf

Titan
Hi
I have a NAS set up with static IP address (192.168.1.50) which I am no longer able to access via a web browser. I have tried current versions of Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I am able to ping the NAS via the cmd line and am able to map network drives usein the static address. The Lenovo software states NAS is on a different subnet and and not routable. Any hints on solving this without resetting the NAS would be appreciated.
OS current version Windows 10 fully updated.
Thanks
JimC
Open a cmd.exe window and run ipconfig.exe /all
Verify that your PC IP address is still 192.168.1.xx

Mar 26, 2023
Thanks for the reply.
PC address is 192.168.1.xx. I have just run netscan and it shows the NAS ip address as 192.168.1.50 and correctly shows the attached directories. I have tried arp to allocate a differnt address via the NAS MAC address but had no luck.
I am totally confused by this and suspect I will have to reste the NAS possibly to Factory Default.

Latest posts