Question NAS (My Cloud) and TrueNAS conflict

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
In spending much time troubleshooting the new installation of TrueNAS I inadvertently allowed it to install using the ip address of my longtime My Cloud NAS. I now can no longer access My Cloud for TrueNAS has captured its ip address. Can anyone help me with this problem? It sure would be appreciated! Thanks.

Not sure I understand how the IP is in conflict. From what I can tell truenas is software. Did you install this on your pc or did you install in on some other device.

If you have 2 devices that conflict on IP you generally can just unplug 1 and reconfigure the other one to a different IP.

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Not sure I understand how the IP is in conflict. From what I can tell truenas is software. Did you install this on your pc or did you install in on some other device.

If you have 2 devices that conflict on IP you generally can just unplug 1 and reconfigure the other one to a different IP.
Yes, I installed it on a dedicated pc for that purpose. And now on my work computer when I put in the ip address of My Cloud in my browser TrueNAS console shows up instead of My Cloud because they are now sharing the same ip address. I've lost My Cloud.