Nas system backup

GraySenshi

Reputable
Apr 15, 2016
I was looking into backing up multiple computers what is the best way to back them up and where it doesn't involve the user or bodlenecked the system... Some computers won't allways be connected to the network

How good is free nas and should I use something else

Solution
FreeNas is very good if you want to save some cash and have the hardware available. It involves a learning curve and some noodling around.

Another option is a ready made NAS such as a QNas or Synology. I'd a synology user myself and it works great, but Qnas has been receiving great reviews. I'd choose between those 2. Their OS are pretty refined and user friendly. They both have apps that can remotely do a backup of your PC.

gondo

Distinguished
FreeNas is very good if you want to save some cash and have the hardware available. It involves a learning curve and some noodling around.

Another option is a ready made NAS such as a QNas or Synology. I'd a synology user myself and it works great, but Qnas has been receiving great reviews. I'd choose between those 2. Their OS are pretty refined and user friendly. They both have apps that can remotely do a backup of your PC.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS