[SOLVED] NAS Video Editing | Davinci Resolve | Mac + Windows

Nov 3, 2021
I'm having some issues with editing in Resolve between a Mac & Windows machine. I think it comes down to Mac seeing the NAS as a "VOLUME" and Windows seeing the NAS as "B:/" (our mapped drive letter) so RESOLVE thinks they are two different locations...

Any way to combat this? We both can access the files ok, it just seems as though the editor can't tell it's the same. I've talked with their customer service and it seems to be more of a "NEtworking" know-how issue on my end!

It's a QNAP NAS with Resolve 17.4.1 STUDIO

Solution
The new Macbook Pro's with the M1 MAX processors are looking really good right now, lol. The new Unified onchip memory working between the CPU and GPU really piqued my interest for video and photo editing.

Sorry, I can't help. But clearly Resolve has an issue here, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
The new Macbook Pro's with the M1 MAX processors are looking really good right now, lol. The new Unified onchip memory working between the CPU and GPU really piqued my interest for video and photo editing.

Sorry, I can't help. But clearly Resolve has an issue here, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Solution