Nascar Arcade? Any Good Images? Help making marquee..

Mike

Splendid

Hey guys, I'm in the final assembly stages of my arcade cabinet and have
finally came up a great theme for my cabinet.

I'm a huge NASCAR fan and i was looking on KLOV's site for anything related
to NASCAR and came across the NASCAR Arcade machine.

I would like to use the NASCAR image as my side art and on the Marquee as
well....but the image looks grainy.

Is there anyone out there that knows where a good quality image of that logo
is?

Is there anyone here that would be willing to help design a Marquee for my
arcade? I'm am no good at all with graphics but would pay a reasonable fee
if someone could help design one to my likings.

Thanks for any help..
Mike

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:42:54 GMT, Mike wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm in the final assembly stages of my arcade cabinet and have
> finally came up a great theme for my cabinet.

Can't help. But are you documentig the build of it? Would be nice to see
some pics while it's build.
--
Andreas (from Hellmark's Linux account :)

Mike

Splendid

I've taken a few pictures along the way, but it's built on LuSid's Cabinet
design which everyone has done it seems so didn't think anyone would be
interested in it just yet.

So far, everything has come out as it's supposed to..heck it's even level!

I'm setting up the arcade to be dual purpose, using a 27" Flat Screen
TV..I'm moving my PC over to the cabinet but keeping my monitor and desk
next to it as I have a wireless keyboard / mouse.

I have an All In Wonder video card, so I can still watch TV or DVD Movies as
I'm working and then when I want, I can Hop on over and play some games on
the arcade too....Not as convenient as a separate PC but someday that will
come....

Control Panel layout is pretty much identical to the Project Arcade machine.
I've got the light gun, trackball, spinner, 2 8 way joys 1 4 way
joy...over/under coin door.

ONE thing I think I'm gonna do differently is only 6 buttons instead of 7
for each player as I checked the database and only a handful of them even
use 7 and it would allow for a couple more admin buttons. Plus I'm not that
good at those multi buttoned fighting games...if it's more than 4 buttons in
use, i'm usually worthless.

After this is completed, someday I'd love to make a dedicated driving
cockpit machine, but might have to wait till some mega fast processors come
out to play them as they should be played if it's gonna take up that much
space. That and a Pinball Machine...then I think my game room would be set.

You really do appreciate a project like this when it's completed...just
today it's starting to look like a real arcade...and that's just cool.

I'll definately post pictures when it's completed.

Now if I can just find those Graphics.....

"Mike" <moparmaniac@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Plus I'm
> not that good at those multi buttoned fighting games...if it's more than
> 4 buttons in use, i'm usually worthless.

Same here... but that won't stop me from putting in those six buttons. I'd
actually be honored to have someone else do the 6-button magic on my cabinet
every now and then. :)

> After this is completed, someday I'd love to make a dedicated driving
> cockpit machine, but might have to wait till some mega fast processors
> come out to play them as they should be played if it's gonna take up
> that much space. That and a Pinball Machine...then I think my game room
> would be set.

You don't have to wait to emulate arcade racers. You could just run some good
PC racers, and possibly add a PS2 and/or XBox as those consoles have
INCREDIBLE racers. I'm sure that across these three platforms you'd find some
great NASCAR games.

David

"Mike" <moparmaniac@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys, I'm in the final assembly stages of my arcade cabinet and have
> finally came up a great theme for my cabinet.
>
> I'm a huge NASCAR fan and i was looking on KLOV's site for anything
related
> to NASCAR and came across the NASCAR Arcade machine.
>
> I would like to use the NASCAR image as my side art and on the Marquee as
> well....but the image looks grainy.
>
> Is there anyone out there that knows where a good quality image of that
logo
> is?
>
> Is there anyone here that would be willing to help design a Marquee for my
> arcade? I'm am no good at all with graphics but would pay a reasonable
fee
> if someone could help design one to my likings.
>
> Thanks for any help..
> Mike
>
> I made 2 high resolution Nascar logos for marquee or however you want to
use them if anyone has an ftp to upload them to. One is
2.43MB and the other is 2.14MB. Both are 7500x2250 pixels at 300dpi. They
aren't perfect, but they're very nice.
Dave

-----8<-----
-----8<-----
>>--
>>Andreas (from Hellmark's Linux account :)

You know, you don't /have/ to make it strictly a MAME cab. Gran Turismo
3/SFS: Underground 2/etc. would be /awesome/ in a dedicated driving cab.
JMTC

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Hung N wrote:
> "Mike" <moparmaniac@hotmail.com> wrote in
> You don't have to wait to emulate arcade racers. You could just run some good
> PC racers, and possibly add a PS2 and/or XBox as those consoles have
> INCREDIBLE racers. I'm sure that across these three platforms you'd find some
> great NASCAR games.

Now that's not /fair/. My time machine is on the blink (still), so I
couldn't post it first.

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad