nasty nvidia changes

Aug 29, 2018
has anyone noticed now that you cant just install NVidia drivers now.. they wont allow you to uncheck "experience". it also installs shadowplay without asking as its part of experience... was bad enough they force a login to use the update feature on experience. now this. they are just slowly boiling the water so you wont notice.
between this and the recent windows update facilitation service that turns auto updates back on after you turn it off, things are just getting worse all the time.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
I noticed that a long time ago and was kind of irritated by that. It is annoying that they try to force a bunch of crap bloatware on you but the good thing is storage space has almost become limitless and for pretty cheap.

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
I installed 399.07 last week. If I remember correctly, the option comes before the list where we used to be able to uncheck it. There are two boxes earlier on: options to install the drivers with and without GeForce Experience.

I'm not trying to say it's not annoying that they changed it, just that it's still possible to avoid.

Edit: Windows 10 auto-update is completely horrible. That's hit me a couple of times. I lost less than an hour of work total, but that's still way too much. It definitely drives up my macOS/Linux enthusiasm.

TRENDING THREADS