PhoenixLord1994

Honorable
Aug 11, 2017
Hi everyone

I am struggling with a game setting, every time I log into Warframe I get a message saying: "Strict NAT detected. UPnP malfunctioning . Please forward UDP ports 4950 & 4955" to a specific IP address. I am using a Hauwei B315s-936 and I do not know how to change the settings on the router to get rid of this message.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi everyone

I am struggling with a game setting, every time I log into Warframe I get a message saying: "Strict NAT detected. UPnP malfunctioning . Please forward UDP ports 4950 & 4955" to a specific IP address. I am using a Hauwei B315s-936 and I do not know how to change the settings on the router to get rid of this message.
I think the Hauwei router you have is a cellular router. You will not be able to forward UDP ports on a cellular router. The cellular carrier has another router between your router and the internet. THAT router would also have to forward. That isn't going to happen.

kanewolf

Titan
So it's a useless effort to try and forward the ports.
If I interpreted the part number of the router correctly, and it is a cellular service device, then yes. The cellular provider has another NAT router ahead of your router.
You can verify this by comparing the IP address shown in https://whatsmyip.com/ against the WAN IP on the router. If they don't match then you can't port forward.

Solution