NAT Type strict

PhysysLord

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Hey everyone! Recently I started getting some messages on GTA V Online and Warframe about my NAT Type being Strict and it impacting my overall connection, latency and even cause lag! So I tried doing some stuff recommended to me by the internet, such as port forwarding (failed), Disabling/Enabling uPnP (failed), Disabling Firewall (failed), Disabling Antivirus (failed) so I am out of ideas, if you guys would suggest anything, hit me up and thanks ;)

LaborinjoRt

Honorable
Dec 21, 2015
It depends on your router model. Depending on the model, there are different settings that need to be enabled in order to get the open NAT. If I were you tho, I wouldn't bother with it, my friends have closed NAT's and the only issues they have are they aren't able to host servers in certain games

Well there could be a few things at play here. Do you have a modem from ISP and also use your own router? If so, you could be running into DOUBLE NAT which means your modem and router are both handling NAT. You only want your router to handle NAT so call ISP and put your modem into bridged\passthrough mode. This will unlock the modems firewall and NAT settings and simply pass down all traffic to your router. No more Double NAT.

Also another thing to check is local Windows firewall. Even if your Windows Firewall is off, it blocks things by default. Go into Advanced Windows Firewall and create an Out and In port exception for those games.

P.S.
Also be careful about what Warframe says. I have my NAT ports open and have no issues joining or having other join on me. But every time I log in, it states my NAT is restricted. So I'm not sure how accurate Warframes detection is.

PhysysLord

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I am using the TC7200 Version 2.1, yes my ISP did give it to me, however I do have another router that has extended range, but for some reason it doesn't want to work with the ISP one. Also recently I have been getting some lag in GTA V and Ark due to it (some rubber banding here and there too)
And I tried doing that thing with the firewall, didn't work for me, port forwarding either.