[SOLVED] nat type ??

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
hello guys ,
internet companies in my country is useing nat type which means there is main router with public ip gives local ip(s) to a number of routers and then my router ip is local not public so some people say if someone with same public ip used hacks in game ill get banned with him is that true ?

Solution
Only really stupid games companies do that. It is like the companies that banning the actual IP thinking that has some effect when someone is using a vpn service.

Most game companies are not that dumb. They know very well that their users may be forced to share IP with others. It is extremely common for almost all users playing a game that uses a cell phone provider.

This is what web page cookies are used for....well other than to spy on you. The game companies have other ways to track the user. I mean they run software on your end device they could get the serial number of your cpu or video card. I know game companies can actually ban game consoles hardware somehow.

Ralston18

Titan
If, in your country, an ISP is assigning a public IP to more than one customer then any customer associated with that public IP is likely to suffer the consequences of any abuse - "hacks", etc..

That said I believe that more information is needed.

Start here:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-public-ip-address-2625974

Check into your Public IP address. Find out what it is but do not post it.

Just post what ever questions ( if any) remain.

Only really stupid games companies do that. It is like the companies that banning the actual IP thinking that has some effect when someone is using a vpn service.

Most game companies are not that dumb. They know very well that their users may be forced to share IP with others. It is extremely common for almost all users playing a game that uses a cell phone provider.

This is what web page cookies are used for....well other than to spy on you. The game companies have other ways to track the user. I mean they run software on your end device they could get the serial number of your cpu or video card. I know game companies can actually ban game consoles hardware somehow.

Solution