Question NAT2 moderate settings in Peer To Peer connections ?

rustynetwork

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Hi folks, i have been playing two games on the PC recently, Elden Ring and a tactical shooter called Ready or Not and they both have P2P connections, so whenever i host a game in RoN, no one joins my lobby, like once in a blue moon a player joins after 15 mins of waiting and thats it, thats also the case in Elden Ring whenever i try to summon people into my world, connections always fail, also have this problem on my PS4 and it shows that i have NAT2 type connection which is moderate...

So i searched it on google a bit, and found so called solutions, instead of port forwarding i went for the ultimate solution and activated DMZ after setting a static IP for my pc, i know all the ports should be opened after that but nothings changed, so i went ahead and disabled windows defender and firewall completely, nothings changed, activated the telnet and checked whether my ports were open or not, TCP ports seemed closed even with the active dmz and disabled firewall, also tried using websites like '' canyouseeme ''and they couldnt connect the ports that were supposed to be open after all the things i have done, so what should i do ? also UPNP is active in my modem.. can join other peoples game though

In game you showed as NAT2 after the DMZ and disabling the firewall? sites like canyouseeme are trying to sniff ports but if your game isn't running then nothing is listening on those ports. Can't test a service when it's not running. many services can be silent as well which show nothing when sniffed.

You need to check if theres any other firewalls. Sometimes people have two routers without realizing it. I'd suggest making windows only open the ports you need. You would not want to open a lot of things and the DMZ will pass any inbound to your client. people could mount local file shares, etc. bots are constantly trying to gain access to services on wan as well which is why inbounds are always dropped by default.

rustynetwork

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
i actually found the solution, its not a problem on my end, its the ISP, they put me in a CGNAT pool, so i have zero control over the modem ports, i need to contact with my ISP and request a static ip for a monthly fee which i probaby wont do

TRENDING THREADS