National DID's needed

ross@webunited.net (mako) wrote in message news:<344a5303.0410140627.52e9e387@posting.google.com>...
> I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

We do:

-VoIP Termination
-Softswitch Leasing
-DID Lines

VoIPTelco.net
The Voice Over IP Telco's Telco!
info@voiptelco.net

ross@webunited.net (mako) writes:

>I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

I haven't found any organized (by area code) lists of DID providers.
I'm surprised no one has started providing this information.

Instead, I just work through this list.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Service+Providers
For some reason it seems like most of the providers hide the lists
of areas they service. Sometimes they're only available in the
registration forms (usually by way of some ^#$%! JavaScript).

BroadVoice and VoicePulse Connect! both offer basic DID service. I
just heard back from BroadVoice that they consider their BYOD-Lite
service to be "residential" so it looks like Connect! is better if
you are going to be doing commercial things with it. Unfortunately
VoicePulse doesn't have as many DID areas.

Good luck.

--kyler

In article <f9fe0f44.0410141119.698f4e26@posting.google.com>,
VoIPTelco.net <info@voiptelco.net> wrote:
>ross@webunited.net (mako) wrote in message
>> I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?
>
>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
price.

So, the right idea -- but where are these supposed wholesale prices
coming from?

DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming) and termination in the
USA I've seen for a penny wholesale, you want 2.6 cents if I buy
it in $2,000 chunks.
--
How to fix the DNS system and break up ICANN
http://www.templetons.com/brad/dns/

btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) writes:

>>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.

>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
>price.

Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
incoming line from some spammer.

>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
any that you find in the "few-buck range".

--kyler

In article <96dd42-d9g.ln1@lairds.us>,
Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote:
>btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) writes:
>
>>>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net
>
>I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
>messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
>bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
>
>>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
>>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
>>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
>>price.
>
>Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
>for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
>the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
>numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
>$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
>outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
>incoming line from some spammer.
>
>>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
>>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)
>
>VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
>incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
>any that you find in the "few-buck range".

Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.

Call Level 3 for example.

If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.
--
Essays on the spam issue and how to solve it
http://www.templetons.com/brad/spume/

mako

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004

btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) wrote in message news:<10np2joanvbr96a@corp.supernews.com>...
> In article <96dd42-d9g.ln1@lairds.us>,
> Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote:

> >I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
> >messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
> >bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
> >
> >>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
> >>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
> >>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
> >>price.
> >
> >Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
> >for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
> >the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
> >numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
> >$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
> >outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
> >incoming line from some spammer.
> >
> >>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
> >>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)
> >
> >VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
> >incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
> >any that you find in the "few-buck range".
>
> Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
> are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
> and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
> for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.
>
> Call Level 3 for example.
>
> If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.

I,m using Nufone today. It works OK, but the monthly is about $7.99.
I agree that wholesale should be about .5 or in the few buck range.
The only thing that I've found as a provider, is to put a PRI in every
city. I pay $4.00 for a block of 20 DID's on a PRI that I have in
South FLA., not including my local loop charge and tax. (Not real
cost effective.) I'll let you know what I find.