[SOLVED] NB frequency on CPUZ shows 1/4 of actual - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi all,

First time posting here, but have been lurking for years reading and getting awesome information.

I recently changed my old 4770k rig to a new AMD 3900XT/ Aorus x570 Master/ Patriot 4400mhz 2x8 Gb (x2) (32Gb) memory.

The xmp profile doesnt work. Its fine I know that the motherboard and the CPU do not support 4400, so I didnt bother.

The problem I am facing is that I have installed all kits on my 4 slots 32GB and timed them at 3733 with timings of 16/18/18/18/36 all rest left on auto. The system boots and didnt have any problems whatsoever but when I see on CPUZ there is a NB frequency of 933.1. I do understand that DRAM frequency is 1/2 the actual as its DDR but why would NB Frequency be so low?

Am i doing something wrong?

I have tested my memory sticks and there is no mistake on them or any problems hardware wise.

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/cmkAfKU"><a href="//imgur.com/a/cmkAfKU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

View: https://imgur.com/a/cmkAfKU

Thanks!

Solution
Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciated!
I have taken out the modules one by one and then reinstalled them.
I think that this solved the problem (I am not aware why)
My memory timings now are like this
ULs907i.png

View: https://imgur.com/ULs907i

Again thanks a bunch for all the help!

Now on to solve the idle temperature problems with the CPU!
You should run a memory test with Memtest86 or some other tester to check for errors and make sure your settings are stable. I may have been thinking of different memory speeds for dual rank, but you might find you have errors at 3733 with four modules and 1:1 IF.
Thanks for replying!

I have that already on 1866, sorry I didnt put on the original post. It still the same in cpuz
You are going to have a hard time trying to get four modules to work 1:1 at 3733MT/s and 1833Mhz Infinity Fabric (northbridge/FCLK). You can try getting 3600MT/s to work in 1:1, but even that will probably require extensive tweaking. The easiest configuration you can probably expect in a dual rank four module configuration is 3466MT/s and 1733Mhz 1:1 ratio.

Try using DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to tweak your timings and you will also need Thaiphoon to export the module information in nanoseconds, so you can import that to Dram Calculator.

Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciated!
I have taken out the modules one by one and then reinstalled them.
I think that this solved the problem (I am not aware why)
My memory timings now are like this
ULs907i.png

View: https://imgur.com/ULs907i

Again thanks a bunch for all the help!

Now on to solve the idle temperature problems with the CPU!
You should run a memory test with Memtest86 or some other tester to check for errors and make sure your settings are stable. I may have been thinking of different memory speeds for dual rank, but you might find you have errors at 3733 with four modules and 1:1 IF.

Reactions: Johnny E
Solution
Jul 17, 2020
I will do that tonite and see how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.