Ncore V1 Is A Skeletal Water Block For Delidded Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

manleysteele

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
Even though I am fairly confident that I will "never" delid a processor, I find this concept very appealing. Besides, forever is a looong time. Tom's should perform a review, just to see how the execution of the concept stacks up to reality. Who knows? I might change my mind.

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Delidding is definitely not for the feint of heart. My first and only delid was my i7-4770k and it involved a hammer, a block of wood and a vice. It's an uneasy feeling standing there with a hammer and a $350 processor. Mine worked out well and the processor was fully functional afterwards. It has been running in my main gaming system since 2014. The delidding was definitely worth it. My temps never go above 45C even under full load and it will hold a stable overclock of 5.0GHz. I run it normally at 4.8GHz with only the slightest bump in voltage. All cooled on a custom loop with an EK block directly on the die.

manleysteele

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
The reason I haven't moved to the X series processors and motherboards, despite their obvious superiority, is cooling them. So far, I have avoided long lever, heavy coolers because of their mechanical frailty. (relatively speaking) I have avoided water cooling for similar reasons. I may have to pick one to run Ice Lake X, though. sigh. What could go wrong? lol. If I'm going to take those risks, I might as well go the whole enchilada.

marcelo_vidal

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
For broken the chip need a hell of force you can put a noctua d15 on it just add 4 more points of pressure like the old atlhons xp days

Hopefully on Ice Lake X the smaller die sizes on 10nm Intel goes back to using solder and you don't have to worry about delidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS