Question ndis.sys & nvlddmkm.sys - DPC exception causing severe latency

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
I'm a Windows 11 user, since the most recent update, along with Nvidia's new update that released June 15th, I've been experiencing severe latency and lag- especially whilst in online games. Also keyboard stuttering, I've reset and reverted to regular Windows version to no avail. Updated all drivers possible. Reverted ones of concern.
Below is info from LatencyMon;

Conclusion: Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

https://ibb.co/RQz7D2N

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
see if this helps
  1. right click desktop
  2. choose show more options
  3. Nvidia control panel
  4. Manage 3d settings
  5. Scroll down right hand screen to Power Management Mode
  6. Set it to Prefer Maximum Power
  7. save changes
video might help

Reactions: Mazzimo

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
see if this helps
  1. right click desktop
  2. choose show more options
  3. Nvidia control panel
  4. Manage 3d settings
  5. Scroll down right hand screen to Power Management Mode
  6. Set it to Prefer Maximum Power
  7. save changes
video might help
Thank you for the reply!
I've done so and haven't seen changes yet. I'll check the video though.

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Slightly lower reading, but awful keyboard stuttering
Conclusion: Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

https://ibb.co/RQz7D2N

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
So you on the rtm version?
Did you post about the problem on the insiders forum as things like this are why Insiders exists, so problems can be identified before release.

Its likely others have same problem.
which build of win 11

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. My current build is 22000.739 but I know Insiders is different?

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hey sir, we've got the same version code. I've reinstalled Windows again and slowly updated all its drivers - although the issue persists, I did post to insiders forum with no relatable cases.

Issue has gotten more difficult to navigate through Windows. Gaming and productivity nearly impossible

[URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/Rb8M6h5[/URL]

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
ntoskrnl = windows kernel. Its unlikely to be cause, though it often gets blamed for errors. Mainly as its involved in almost every operation of the PC. Its probably a driver to blame.

what are specs of the PC?
latest chipset drivers?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY