NDIS Virtual Network Adapter Enumerator

VectorRoll

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I am trying to solve an issue I have with this. In my Device Manager I get this message under the Device Status.

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This is for Windows 8. and it is all up to date. I did roll back from the Windows 8.1 Preview in order to be ready for the 8.1 release coming up. Not sure if that matters or if that is the cause of this message now showing up.

I am wondering.
Is there a way to get my digital signature verified for this?
It seems to be a Microsoft thing and I am not sure where to go to get a driver for it. I tried to update the driver from the Device Manager but it does not work.

Also...
Is this thing something important, and do I even need it? Can I turn it off and forget about it?

My mobo is a Sabertooth 990FX if that info is needed.

Solution

Hmm. Virtual network adapters typically accompany VMMs such as VMWare Workstation, Virtualbox, and Microsoft Hyper-V. If you installed one of those during the release preview it may have not been uninstalled properly. You can probably safely remove the device.

Are you running any sort of virtualization software, or VPN/tunneling software?

VectorRoll

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Not that I can think of. Do you have any examples?
I really only installed my drivers and some software for my peripherals like Razer Synapse 2.0 for my Keyboard, plus some games from Steam and Origin. Then their is Stellarium. OH and my Anti-Virus.

Hmm. Virtual network adapters typically accompany VMMs such as VMWare Workstation, Virtualbox, and Microsoft Hyper-V. If you installed one of those during the release preview it may have not been uninstalled properly. You can probably safely remove the device.

Solution