NEC PA322UHD 32-inch Ultra HD Monitor Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case people missed it this is a 4K monitor. It's 3840x2160 so it has more pixels than a 2560x1600 monitor.

2X the number of pixels in fact so comparing to a 1600p monitors isn't apples to apples.

With 4K and Windows 10 it makes having multiple programs open at the same time really nice. You can easily drag and have up to FOUR programs open though I prefer two side-by-side and tab between virtual windows.

Update:
MonsterCookie,
You definitely can see the difference between a 32" monitor that is 2560x1440 vs one that is 3840x2160. Unless they are pretty far away of course.

Anyway, as said all these complaints about PRICING is pointless. The article clearly explains it's a niche market for those who want the best and are willing to pay a huge premium.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
ROFL @ all those whining about cost. Save up for a while and you can get one. Or buy something cheaper. Or go without.

This monitor's main selling point is its color accuracy out of the box. Until you can SEE the difference between a low quality color screen and something like this all the reviews in the world will be lost you.

I love my color accurate monitor for gaming and movies. Avatar, Final Fantasy, Eve online and other movies & games never looked so good.

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

you love nothing ... gaming monitors are all 16 Millions colors Only and no way 10 and 12 Bit monitors that deliver billions of colors.

it is very hard to get good refresh rates and minimum input lag using professional monitors.

you dont know what you are talking about. at all zero !

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
@ MonsterCookie, I actually do understand your frustration. I lived in Europe for several years and can attest to the high income tax rate. But, then you have free medical health insurance, a solid public transportation system, and better sustained infrastructure overall vs. the United States as a whole (there are some exceptions). For example, the Autobahns in Germany are immaculate compared to the crack and pothole ridden US highways. This is part of the reason why higher speeds can be sustained on the Auobahn vs. US highways. European cars are much better designed and perform better overall vs. American cars. The majority of European workers take greater pride in the work they do even though the salaries ae not as high as some (not all) engineers who work in the US. The point is there is always a tid for tad. There are pros and cons for everything no matter where you live. You do know there are great computer monitors that can be bought for much less money than this overpriced hunk of junk, right? Dell and Acer sell IPS 4K monitors for less than $1000 (or 1000 Euro) and offer near-similiar performance and specifications. They may not be of the professional monitor grade quality, but then again we are not professionals that require the specifications of one. As the consumer, you have the right to buy from the competition, buy a lower end model, buy used (second hand), or not to buy at all and wait for prices to go down.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013

I blame whats going on in Greece on the leftest Govt. Move to the US = make more money in your field.

Status
Not open for further replies.