NEC to Debut Dual-screen Android Tablet at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
no offense but it looks a litle under powered. page turns take too long, and did you see how long it took to bring up the video of the flower? he clicked the play button and it took 2 or 3 seconds to do ANYTHING.

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The only dual-screen device that comes to mind is the Nintendo DS and that's been around for some time. It would be interesting if dual-screen devices became a common, popular trend.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
How about just a tablet with a slide down/out QWERTY keyboard, although i guess the 2nd display can do much more than simply act as a keyboard. Interesting to see the products, if the device is capable of true multitasking and has the power to do so while pumping out the video to both screens simultaneously. Maybe these have 2 full systems with some sort of communication link between them so your getting multiple tegras, one per screen. that would be worth the price premium in my world.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
It's too bad the video doesn't hint at how NEC sees incorporating a second screen. As processthis stated, I've only seen the Nintendo DS really try to capitalize on two mobile screens. Still, as the video states, this product is unfinished and meant for another company to come in to brand, market, and support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.