Question Necessity of a power supply board?

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
  1. I am making a DIY 7.1 home audio system with 3140 watts . with each 7speakers +1subwoofer having its own power supply transformer. DO I STILL need a power supply board?
  2. Transformer and power supplies should kept as far as possible and should also be separated by an iron plate if possible?

kanewolf

Titan
A transformer outputs AC voltage. Most electronics require DC voltage(s). Something has to make that conversion. A power supply board would be that device. If you are asking such a basic question, I am concerned that a DIY home audio system may be beyond your skills.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
A transformer outputs AC voltage. Most electronics require DC voltage(s). Something has to make that conversion. A power supply board would be that device. If you are asking such a basic question, I am concerned that a DIY home audio system may be beyond your skills.
You are right, actually I wanted a finished 7.1 amplifier ( in which i just have to connect speakers and enjoy music) but due to seller's mistake, she sent me a preamplifier not an amplifier for 147USD's and i had to keep it only (as i bought without Paypal). Here's how the DIY started. (that time was 1 USD = 75 in my local currency, and avrg. salary here was 90 USD's a month). and rest all amps and accessories cost me less than 100 USD's.
Also i want to add a question, from the power supply transformer, can i also give power of +5 V to an audio input board and a cooling fan?

Last edited: