Question Nedleds beeping

Jun 19, 2019
Hi everyone

I have tried for several days to troubleshoot my computer that won’t boot, the only thing it does is give me an endless beeping code.

I have tried to swap out ram cpu and psu but nothing works.
So this is my last resort and I’m guessing you need my specs so they will be listed below.

Specs:

Motherboard: gigabyte g3 gaming something
CPU: intel i7 4790k
Ram:ballistix sport 1600MHZ
Psu: urano VX 750

Appreciate any ideas and help I can get

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What exactly is your motherboard model? There are multiple chipsets for a GA G3 Gaming.
How many RAM modules are you using?
What beep code are you hearing?
Never heard of PSU so would suspect it is very poor quality.
Is this a build that has worked before?

Jun 19, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What exactly is your motherboard model? There are multiple chipsets for a GA G3 Gaming.
How many RAM modules are you using?
What beep code are you hearing?
Never heard of PSU so would suspect it is very poor quality.
Is this a build that has worked before?
Hi and thanks

The motherboard is gigabyte GA-Z97X-gaming 3

And I was using 2 models for ram and for the beep code I can’t say more than it’s over 40 beeps, and for the psu it’s big in Spain but haven’t ever heard of it outside Spain so no clue about quality on it

Jun 19, 2019
Hi and thanks

The motherboard is gigabyte GA-Z97X-gaming 3

And I was using 2 models for ram and for the beep code I can’t say more than it’s over 40 beeps, and for the psu it’s big in Spain but haven’t ever heard of it outside Spain so no clue about quality on it

Oh and forgot, the system worked great until about 5 months ago where the same issue occurred but fixed it self, but sadly the problem returned.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is there any delay between the beeps at all - I.e. is it 7 beeps, stop, repeat? You can upload onto video sharing site and post link here.

It could be down to mixed RAM modules if it's an issue you've had before.
Equally could be MB if you've already swapped out RAM, CPU and PSU.

Breadboard the PC and see if you can get any different results:
- Remove everything so you're left with only CPU, MB, Cooler, 1 stick of RAM and PSU. Then run of integrated graphics and see if there is a different result.

D

Deleted member 14196

if breadboarding doesn't help, your motherboard should have a backup bios. you can try this
  1. Shut off your computer
  2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
  3. It should boot into the backup BIOS now.

Reactions: Mika-EL

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you try a clear cmos as well? If not do so.

From what i can find does the beep code mostly resemble this,

two-tone sirenLow CPU fan speed, voltage level issue.

Make sure the cpu fan works,also maybe the clear cmos will reset any voltage settings that might have gone out of spec.

Voltage level might also have to do with the psu,which isn't great quality looking at the brand,so can you test with another one? Maybe from a friend or local shop.

Last edited: