Need 2 new monitors!! Budget suggestions??!

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hey all,
I have 2 pretty crappy monitors that aren’t even the same. The look uneven as one is bigger than the other (longer and taller). I’m looking for 2 new monitors that are BUDGET, black, and VESA compatibility (would be a bonus!) I’m using one for my PS4 and the other for my pc. My desk is approximately 55 inches and I don’t want the monitors to be so big that they are off the desk. Thanks!
-Ryan

Solution
Not familiar (full disclosure) with that monitor.

Scanned the reviews and questions. Seems to be okay.

Go online and find the User Guide/Manuals. Read the fine print. Check the manufacturer's FAQs and Forums. See what people are saying and asking about.

Being a 24" diagonal you should have plenty of horizontal room on your desk to set up two of the monitors up side by side.

Are you planning to use the provided bases or a dual monitor desk/wall mount? Two monitors side by side on their bases can crowd the desk. Getting the monitors up a few inches or more above the desk will often make the setup much nicer. (Note: I prefer desk mounted arms as mounting to walls can be quite problematic. Never a wall stud where you need...

Ralston18

Titan
Well, if you have the ability to budget to whatever your need is then that makes it all wide open.

However, if you truly have a financial limit (budget) then that is a different matter.

Your desk is likely to support at least two monitors with 27" (diagonal) measurements.

The actual horizontal measurements being less so you do have some leeway to go up in the diagonal measurement.

Take a look at some online buying guides. For example:

https://www.cnet.com/topics/monitors/buying-guide/

Work out the monitor size that you require and then look for those sized monitors fitting your budget.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017

Sounds good... would 2 of these work well? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HIA63AU/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1511145585&sr=1-9&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A3547806011&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=monitor&th=1&psc=1

Ralston18

Titan
Not familiar (full disclosure) with that monitor.

Scanned the reviews and questions. Seems to be okay.

Go online and find the User Guide/Manuals. Read the fine print. Check the manufacturer's FAQs and Forums. See what people are saying and asking about.

Being a 24" diagonal you should have plenty of horizontal room on your desk to set up two of the monitors up side by side.

Are you planning to use the provided bases or a dual monitor desk/wall mount? Two monitors side by side on their bases can crowd the desk. Getting the monitors up a few inches or more above the desk will often make the setup much nicer. (Note: I prefer desk mounted arms as mounting to walls can be quite problematic. Never a wall stud where you need it.... And I can easily move the monitors to another desk or table should the need arise.

If you are not sure about what the end appearance may be just cut out two pieces of cardboard each one being the size of the monitor screen and "mount" them or otherwise position them in place. Just to give you some ideal about the cosmetics and ergonomics involved. You may decide to go up or down with respect to the diagonal size.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS