need 2013 free security package. Anti-V firewall spyware etc. ASUS k53

rrpdmd

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I need a 2013 free security package with the most recent technology. Anti-V, firewall, net security, spyware etc. ASUS k53

rrpdmd

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I've been doing a pile of research, and made a few moves before I saw the posts.
Baseline: Win 7, Chrome, Malwarebytes PRO.
Had a free McAfee from att, but I never trusted it so it's gone. Yesterday I added these:

- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Comodo Firewall
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- SuperAntiSpyware

I was told that it's good to run 3-4 anti-malware. Mal. Pro has ongoing protection. BUT now I'm re-thinking it all. What about Comodo Internet Security + Dragon Browser + NoScript? I understand Chrome's attempt to clone NoScript is a piece of garbage. I'm thinking fewer programs is always better.

OK there you have it. Upgrades, overkill, second guessing, and frustration.
All opinions are welcomed!

Valentin_N

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

You could add Hitman pro; it's a good on-demand scanner, Comodo killswitch or Hackprocess are good to see what application are running.

As addon to Dragon I think you should have VTchromize and TrafficLight.

Since you have the pro version of Malwarebytes you should exclude MSE and vice versa so that you don't get issues.

MSE is not the best solution as AV; it's zeroday protection is not always the best and depends a lot on signature - go to malwaretips and look what members says through personal experience.

Alternatives to CIS (complete pack) is outposts solution and Zonealarms free security suit (kaspersky AV + zonealarm firewall) but you can only update once a day

Valentin_N

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Avast and CFW is a solid and popular configuration. I have used it myself and I can confirm that it offers a solid security level. I have Malwarebytes free as the pro version doesn't provide as effecient detection as the free scanner does and hitman pro.

When installing CIS+Avast make sure you chose which sandbox you want to use (having both on might cause issues). Before installing make sure the KIS is completely removed as the remains might cause problems.

edwardsmith

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
You can use Norton Antivirus for your system. By using this software you keep your all kind data safe from the virus attacks and you also get full Service from " Antivirus Service " team of Norton