Question Need a 4k Graphics card to pair w/ AMD FX-8150 and Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

May 9, 2020
Is there any graphics card that I could use which would be compatible with my existing motherboard/processor to get me 4k(3840x2160) at 60hz?

I currently have 2gb SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 but max resolution supported on it is 2560x1600. Would a newer graphics card be limited by my motherboards PCI 2.0 slot? Is it a problem if I don't care about fps as much as resolution?

I'd really not want to replace processor and motherboard if possible as I also have 32gb DDR 3 1600 ram in my current system.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020
4k what? If gaming are you wanting to play the latest AAA games? Trouble is the FX series are really weak fir modern AAA games and won't achieve 60 fps regardless of gpu choice or resolution.
I don't use it for gaming, it's for just photo editing and using designing software like Adobe XD or Figma. Just need more screen real estate more than frame rate.

May 9, 2020
Ok best if someone else answers who knows photo editing and whats best for your software.
Thanks for your quick response! Yeah for me it's the resolution and color gamut that's more important and I am upgrading monitor to support that but my current graphics card doesn't support the desired resolution...