[SOLVED] Need a A-OK on this new build. Compatibility/Size Issues.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Okay let me start by saying I know very little when it comes to building a PC. This will be my first time and I want to make sure these parts are compatible. I am almost sure they are but according to PartsPicker there incompatibility issues. One being the Bios Update issue with the B450-F not supporting the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and the other being Possible Dimension Problems. I thought I did enough research and understood that they have been Updated to Support the gen 3 Processors. So here is a List of the main PC components that I am concerned about working with each other.

Please give your feedback, suggestions etc. But mainly an A-OK meaning this will all work with each other or not.

• Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard AMD AMD
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processors
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
  • Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
If you could suggest a case maybe black with clear side glass for a nice view. And a Power Supply That would be nice.

Thanks!

Solution
They should be compatible. Another thing, these B450 and X470 are capable of booting without a processor, so you can update your BIOS. So you dont need a 1st/2nd gen Zen to make it work. Just plug anything in except for the CPU, and you can update the BIOS. Thats what I have been reading anyway
Aug 15, 2019
They should be compatible. Another thing, these B450 and X470 are capable of booting without a processor, so you can update your BIOS. So you dont need a 1st/2nd gen Zen to make it work. Just plug anything in except for the CPU, and you can update the BIOS. Thats what I have been reading anyway

Solution

TRENDING THREADS