Question need a bot to open a link on a webpage at a given time, for my health

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi
this is not a troll,

I need to acces the pool for my health but the covid thing has made it so that we have to reserve places in advance . i tried it, , im always too late.

im looking for a freebot that would open a page and click a link at a precise time like 17h0min 12 seconds for example
can someone help me with this?
If you know a forum that is more suited to answer this questions fell freee to let me know.

HomeSkillenSlice

Honorable
Mar 23, 2014
Your question fits under the general domain of programming I think. Or more specifically just a basic script that loads up and fills a webpage

I'm not an expert unfortunately but u probably have to learn the basics of programming. Maybe try googling desktop script or software script or something idk

I'm sure there's probably even software developed that can do certain actions for u at certain times u just have to find it

Ralston18

Titan
I suggest another approach.

Yes - you could probably automate (code, program, script, etc.) the process but that is likely to be tedious and cumbersome.

Websites, webpages, etc. are always changing.

Captcha may be or may become a website access requirement.

There may be some other form of verification needed to establish or prove your identify before you are allowed to make your reservation.

Updates to your computer may alter the automated process. Error handling for the automated reservation process would be very problematic.

Lastly, websites that have "time dependencies" are likely to prohibit or otherwise have protocols in place to prevent the user community from using"automation" - just as a matter of general fairness to all members.

My suggestion:

Set an alarm clock to go off just before the time you wish to make your pool reservation.

Standard alarm clock is the simplest.

However, you can easily set up some sort pop-up reminder on many calendar programs. Just set the desired date and time for the reminder to appear. Log into the website at that time and make your pool reservation.

You can do much the same on many cell phones and "i" devices.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would also consider contacting the web site owners to ensure that THEY are doing everything possible to make sure the site is being used fairly (i.e. preventing the use of bots). If this is a matter of health and the pool's purpose is to provide that care, then the administrators need to make sure EVERYONE has access to it.

-Wolf sends

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I suggest another approach.

Yes - you could probably automate (code, program, script, etc.) the process but that is likely to be tedious and cumbersome.

Websites, webpages, etc. are always changing.

Captcha may be or may become a website access requirement.

There may be some other form of verification needed to establish or prove your identify before you are allowed to make your reservation.

Updates to your computer may alter the automated process. Error handling for the automated reservation process would be very problematic.

Lastly, websites that have "time dependencies" are likely to prohibit or otherwise have protocols in place to prevent the user community from using"automation" - just as a matter of general fairness to all members.

My suggestion:

Set an alarm clock to go off just before the time you wish to make your pool reservation.

Standard alarm clock is the simplest.

However, you can easily set up some sort pop-up reminder on many calendar programs. Just set the desired date and time for the reminder to appear. Log into the website at that time and make your pool reservation.

You can do much the same on many cell phones and "i" devices.
i tried manually, there are too many request and i think other people use bot

once i will click on time i will indeed insert other info but my place will be reserved already by clicking at the right time.

i ll babysit it anyway it is not the matter, the point is to click quickly