Need a brighter monitor - is this a good choice?

Khairul_2

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

So currently I'm using the Dell U2312HM which is great, but now that it's summertime here in Britain, with the large windows in my loft I find that the screen isn't bright enough in the increased sunlight.

What would you recommend?

• I need something that's ideally 23", with leeway of up to an inch larger than that if necessary.
    The monitor screen needs to fit in a tight space in terms of height, so the top of the SCREEN can be as low as 36cm from the desk (bezel can be higher than that, no problem) - obviously a low height-adjustable stand would be needed (unless a VESA stand would be more economical).
    Minimum Full HD, preferably IPS panel.
    Budget circa £150, am prepared to go £60-£70 higher for significant improvements such as a higher-res screen.
    Mainly used for general internet browsing, video streaming, office work, occasional image editing.
    Intel HD graphics.

For my own amateur research, I looked into the shady business of luminescence and, based on that alone, with my current monitor being rated at 250 cd/m[sup]2[/sup], I thought of maybe replacing it with the Samsung S23E650D (rated at 250 cd/m[sup]2[/sup] minimum, and 300 cd/m[sup]2[/sup] typical) for the extra brightness. Am I reading too much into the figures?

And going off on a slight tangent, if I buy the Samsung from a small business seller on eBay, would I be eligible for the three-year Samsung warranty?

I'd appreciate your expertise.

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
You need to cut the light in the room to use any screen. It isn't that your screen is too dim.

If you still want another screen what is the maximum height in the space you have?

If the seller will give you a receipt that's fine.