Question Need a Case, PSU and Fan

May 3, 2020
Hello Everybody -

I decided to build a new PC, first one in like 10 years. I bought a Ryzen 3900x, an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 board and some memory. I need to find a case, a PSU and a cooler, but I've been out of the game so long, I've no idea what's good. For a case I tend to lean towards the simple and understated, so no side windows or lighting is needed. I do need one 5.25" drive and a place for my 2.5" SSD. I want to ensure I have enough power from the PSU to run everything properly. I can buy the case and PSU separately or as one unit. A quiet fan would be good. I prefer to spend less, but can increase my budget for something I like. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

May 3, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I don't even know what VRM heatsyncs are?

I don't really have a budget per se, but this will be my main computer, so I can spend what I want to meet my needs, though my needs are fairly modest. When I look for budget AM4 boards, which is all I need, they seem kind of expensive and oriented toward gaming that I don't want. The only thing I do with it that might be considered heavy lifting is coding a little 1080p video on occasion. I suppose the 3900x is overkill, but I got such a good deal on it. Thanks again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS