[SOLVED] need a extension cable for hardrive but no idea which

darkspirit

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
So i just recently built a new computer and got a extra 2 terabyte hardrive to use together with my earlier hdd and ssd but the cable is to short to reach all 3 so im wondering can should i get as a extension cable?
my specs are

gpu-ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ROG Strix AD
cpu-amd ryzen 7 3700
motherboard-ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING,
ssd-Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB
hdd-WD Intern hårddisk Blue Desktop HDD 1TB
new hdd-Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5'' HDD

im not really that tech savy so im unsure if these even matters but ty in advance

4745454b

Titan
The cable is too short to reach all three? Each of those drives should have it's own cable. You plug the cable into the board and then the drive. The new drive doesn't have to be anywhere near the others. I'm confused as to what the problem is. Picture?

darkspirit

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
The cable is too short to reach all three? Each of those drives should have it's own cable. You plug the cable into the board and then the drive. The new drive doesn't have to be anywhere near the others. I'm confused as to what the problem is. Picture?
im unable to get a picture at the moment but they all use one cable with several connection points on it. this is roughly how it is https://i0.wp.com/ae01.alicdn.com/k...1-to-5-Splitter-Hard-Drive-Assemble.jpg?h=300

4745454b

Titan
Your welcome. Should get you going.

Edit: You don't need to use the next one in line btw. Any of those plugs on the end will work. If you only have two and you are using both, then the splitter does what you want. But if you think you need to use the next one and there are several you can use just jump to the one that works.