Question Need a Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2019
I'm doing a little scouting right now for a gaming laptop. I'm trying to find the best thing for the price. If anyone has any insight on what they consider the best then please toss a link. I'm going to be looking around. Don't worry about price for now.

The thing is though, so much of it depends on budget and preferences and games you intend to play.

Laptops may be more compact than desktops, but you still have a myriad of choices from screen size, to battery life, to keyboard style, to cooling efficiency, the latter of which is one of the most important things.

Basically you're not helping us help you by being very vague.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you try to combine both performance and value with a 'gaming laptop', more often than not, you'll lose.
The good ones just don't come cheap.

Go too cheap, and you'll either be disappointed in the performance, have a hot and loud paperweight, or both.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
@Travis_25 @Frag Maniac You all may notice some missing posts. Fighting and insults will NOT be tolerated. Next person to make an insult will be getting parked.

@gotmilkman4065 if you're asking for help it would do well for you to answer the people trying to help you. Apologies that some of those people haven't replied in the friendliest manner, but the more information you can provide the better.

@Travis_25 @Frag Maniac You all may notice some missing posts. Fighting and insults will NOT be tolerated. Next person to make an insult will be getting parked.

@gotmilkman4065 if you're asking for help it would do well for you to answer the people trying to help you. Apologizes that some of those people haven't replied in the friendliest manner, but the more information you can provide the better.
It would help if there were a sticky advising how to ask for build suggestions or new PC advice. I actually thought there was one, and seem to recall there used to be on the old forum, but was shocked to find otherwise.

It's pretty common on forums like these that people are too vague when asking for such help, often not even realizing why it matters. It only makes it harder when they argue those points, thus such a guide would be helpful.

I would have just linked to one otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.