Need a good 80mm cpu fan...any advice?

LastStop

Distinguished
May 23, 2001
It's been about a month now and my Delta fan is driving me nuts. Now I've been looking for a good 80mm fan that I can use that will give cool my cpu just as good as a delta but to no avail. None that I can find will push more than 43CFM like my 60mm delta (50+db). Anybody have any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is if I get a thermaltake smart fan and mod it so it always spins at 5000rpm (53cfm), then it would create 39db.

On a sidenote, does anyone know of a website that will tell me the relative loudness of the decibal scale? Is 39db loud? I know 50db is loud since my delta is rated at that.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LastStop on 02/17/02 03:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'd get an Alpha PAL8045 heatsink and a low-speed fan. It doesn't even have to move as much air as your delta because the Alpha heatsink will be more effective than your current one. Yes, it'll be a bit pricy , but worth it, IMHO.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor