Need a Good monitor (4k / 1440p) in Gaming (Value)

11sphere92

Distinguished
Hi guys, im looking for a good monitor for my computer..
At the moment, im using a 31" LG Monitor TV

My Budget is round 700$
My Preference :
- 27" / 28"
- Gaming
- IPS/TN panel
- 4k/1440p
- NVIDIA Gsync (Optional)

Is 144 hz really way better than 60hz?

Regards
Patrick

Solution

Well, one...

-Lone-

Admirable

Since you have the 970, I'd get 1440p instead. Only if you could get another $50, then the Swift would be perfect for you when you get a 2nd 970 :)

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370

11sphere92

Distinguished

ROG Swift? hmm, they had 144hz right? Is it really a big difference? Since i was looking at the some samsung and Acer 4k monitor with those budgets..

FYI : Your rig's is kinda awesome, i wish to get those 295x2 radeon than this 970 :(

-Lone-

Admirable

Well, one reason why I wouldn't go up to 4k is because of that gtx 970, as you probably have heard, it actually only has a max of 3.5GB of VRAM, so it's not exact good for 4k. That's why I suggested 1440p instead, the ROG Swift is the best gaming monitor you can get, get a 2nd 970 later and you can use it to it's full potential 1440p and 144Hz. So you won't have screen tearing up to 140+ fps. Plus it'll make the game look very smooth to you gaming at 100+ fps without any tearing or lag :)

Solution

11sphere92

Distinguished

Thanks mate,last question what graphcard shuld i use for 4k gaming? give me some options if you dont mind :D
thanks

-Lone-

Admirable

Yeah, that does help, although I haven't used it before, still seems like a useful feature to have. I believe it is good when it is over your monitor's refresh rate. But at 4k, in most games you won't get a constant 60 fps, really depends on the game though. So it'll only help a little if it is not over the limit. Like I can get close to 100 fps in BF4 4k at ultra, then something like that would be helpful, but in FC$, it is pretty badly optimized, so sometimes I can get 60 fps, sometimes I get capped at 30 for whatever reason, then sometimes the max I got was like 25, lol. So then it won't be so helpful, it really depends on which games you play :)

-Lone-

Admirable
I just started FC4 and now I am over the 30 fps cap and now it is at 40s and 50s, this is so weird. Also the game doesn't support CFX or SLI, so that really sucks and that's why everyone gets such a low fps in this game.

11sphere92

Distinguished
well, yeah i hear it from the FC 3. it's the game itself had a problem.

Anyway, i got bad news. Yesterday i go to the hardware shop and they didn't even HAD MSI Radeon R9 295x2(it's 290x 2pcs right). (Im afraid it will take a long time to get the new AMD Graphcard)
Also in my country the graphcard was so expensive. GTX 970 was like 440 USD (Gosh) yet i bought it.. @_@