Need a gpu in 50$

darren1016

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
i am not rich but i need a gaming gpu which can run gtav easily on a decent fps [around 30-60]
i also dont have a good pc here are my spec]
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.7 GHz
Number of Cores 2
CPU ID BFEBFBFF00010676
Family 06
Model 17
Stepping 6
Revision
Memory
RAM 2.0 GB
Optiplex 755
tell me any decent gpu in this budget 50$
i just want to run gtav on a good fps without lag

Solution
+darren1016 Your question really has three parts:

Can I run GTA V with my specs: I make no guarantees, but I believe that it's possible. Whether you'll be able to get your Windows to run along with the game in just 2 GB is a question mark.

Can I run it without lag: No, I'm guessing that you will experience stuttering from your lack of RAM, plus your CPU being only dual core. You'll undoubtedly need to turn off everything in Windows startup to give you a fighting chance of running the game successfully. There are plenty of people are YouTube who've played this game with Duo CPUs with 2 GB of RAM, however they don't state which version of windows they are running, nor whether they had to run any hacks to get it to...

fedefury

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
very often games put minimum requirements which are just not right. They do this because it allows hardware companies to earn more money from the purchases. A great example for this is Battlefield 1. One day I decided out of curiosity to try my old gtx 650ti and it played battlefield 1 on medium settings with around 65 frames on average. The recommended gpu for this game was a gtx 660ti.

fedefury

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
I think its best to get a console at this point if you really want to play gta 5 at all costs. the reason for this is because if you buy a gpu more recent than this model, your system won't support it anymore. so for a cheaper price, you might as well get a console with gta 5. The other option is to build an entire new system with could cost between 600-800 dollars to run gta 5 on high settings. let me know what you think

+darren1016 Your question really has three parts:

Can I run GTA V with my specs: I make no guarantees, but I believe that it's possible. Whether you'll be able to get your Windows to run along with the game in just 2 GB is a question mark.

Can I run it without lag: No, I'm guessing that you will experience stuttering from your lack of RAM, plus your CPU being only dual core. You'll undoubtedly need to turn off everything in Windows startup to give you a fighting chance of running the game successfully. There are plenty of people are YouTube who've played this game with Duo CPUs with 2 GB of RAM, however they don't state which version of windows they are running, nor whether they had to run any hacks to get it to work.

Can I run it with good 30-60 FPS: No, but I'm reasonably confident that it'll be minimally playable, if you can get your windows to run with the minimal amount of ram.

Graphics card upgrade: Which Optiplex 755 do you have? There are four different models. Some have a proper space for a dual width graphics card, and some do not. You need to make absolute sure that yours does, and if so then you can proceed with getting a used 750 Ti. It would also be great if you could increase your RAM to at least 4 GB. Maybe you could find a used and inexpensive 2 GB DIMM? Maybe someone on this site could donate it to you?

Another question: Which version of Windows are you running?

Addendum: To state the obvious, you really should start putting money aside each paycheck for a new inexpensive system. You could build something good for $600.

Solution
+darren1016 If you are committed to running GTAV on your PC then you'd be well advised to add 2 GB to your system to bring the total to at least 4 GB; it'll cost you about $10 - $12. It looks like your system uses DDR2 RAM. I would warn you against investing too much money into this computer, considering you can buy a Optiplex 755 computer off Ebay for $75 - $80 with Duo CPU, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD. The 750 Ti eventually transfer to a newer system, but the DDR2 you can not.

Ebay query: optiplex 755 ram
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xoptiplex+755+ram.TRS0&_nkw=optiplex+755+ram&_sacat=0

The 'without lag' part is what makes this computer useless for GTA V. You'd want, at minimum, a dual core with hyperthreading AND 8gb ram AND an actual gaming videocard like a 750 Ti. You could stay over 30fps with a computer like that and stuttering wouldn't be too bad. Just a dual core and 4gb ram and the 750 Ti? It won't be pretty.