b00tsnspurs

Commendable
Aug 14, 2017
My girlfriend's Dell XPS 8300 has been going strong since 2011.

It came with an ATI Radeon 6700 Graphics card.

She uses the PC mainly to browse the internet, play Minecraft, and play Overwatch.

I know the PC is old, but right now she doesn't have the money to get a whole new PC. I'm looking to find a graphics card that will be compatible with this computer and will be good enough to play Overwatch at most. Trying to stay within the $150-$350 range. If it has to be more, then no big deal, but don't want to go too high as we may just be better off getting a new PC at that point.

It's a dell XPS 8300 with 460W power supply. Previously running an ATI Radeon 6700

I cannot find the Radeon anywhere online, it is like it never existed. Her current Radeon has internal damage. I tried a few different monitors and none will connect. I cleaned everything I could, but still no signal. Fan works, but no image. Not really looking to fix it, just looking for a replacement, as I know the card itself has failed.

One problem with the 8300 is Dell never released a BIOS update for it, so it's the original BIOS from 2012.

Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

b00tsnspurs

Commendable
Aug 14, 2017
When I checked the specs on the PC it read ATI Radeon 6700, but apparently I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770?

I looked this one up and it's the exact same card I have. Found one new on Amazon for $198

Do y'all know if there's something out there that's around the same price, but an upgrade from it, that will work with this PC? Or do you think I should just get this same card for now. Get a new PC for her in the future.

Again, thank you for any feedback.