[SOLVED] need a hand for first build

Feb 18, 2019
hey i’m new to building a pc i’m just wondering if this build is worth it or give me some ideas to build, my budget is between 500 • 1000 maybe 1200 but it got be complete with monitor and peripherals
*Asus prime b350-plus
*ryzen 5 2600
*xfx radeon rx 580 gts xxx edition
*evga 600w bq 80+ bronze
*corsair vengeance lpx 8gb
*fractal design FD-CA focus-WT-W atx mid tower
*acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24inch
*logitech g600
*razer ornata chroma mecha-membrane Used

Solution
You'll have to answer that question. Again, it all comes down to dexterity - how many keyboard buttons you can consecutively hold down and how quickly you can move from button to button. I can see an "MMO/MOBA" mouse being helpful in your situation, yes. You'll have to figure out how many buttons you're comfortable with though. I personally can't keep track of that many buttons on a mouse, but something like the SteelSeries' Rival 500 has a more modest button count that is more manageable [for me]. There are countless many-button mouse options out there. Unfortunately for the sad state of brick-and-mortar stores these days, it's difficult to see/feel many of them in person before buying. Similar to trying on shoes, I need...
All depends on pricing. Country?

Mobo: Choose a B450 mobo, just in case. Release BIOS' for 300 series boards don't support Ryzen 2xxx CPUs. Although it's been quite a while since Ryzen 2xxx has been released and you'd expect most 300 series boards to be shipping with updated BIOS now, there's no guarantee. Cost ~$75 USD
CPU: Fine. Cost $150 USD
GPU: Fine. Cost $180 USD
PSU: I don't like the EVGA BQ. It's their cheapest tier I know of. You don't have to break the bank. A Corsair CX550M = $35 all the way to a EVGA G3 550W = $60.
RAM: Get DDR4-3000. 2x8GB = $85
Case: This is more of a personal preference. I'll leave that to you.
Monitor: The monitor you listed is a GSync monitor(? Google is giving me mixed results). You'll want a FreeSync monitor.
Mouse/Keyboard: Personal preference.

Storage? (500GB SSD = $60 + 4TB HDD = $70)

Last edited:

Kree6427

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
If you want the best bang for your buck build at this time, I would recommend buying a gtx 1070 from ebay for around $250. Also, I would recommend buying a ryzen 1600 on ebay as well. For most games, the 2600 is only 8% faster than the 1600, but the price is around 15% more. I recenlty bought a Sapphire Nitro rx 580 8gb for $180 on ebay and it works perfectly. I also bought my ryzen 1600 on ebay for $114. which is around $46 cheaper than if you bought a new ryzen 2600.

Feb 18, 2019
All depends on pricing. Country?

Mobo: Choose a B450 mobo, just in case. Release BIOS' for 300 series boards don't support Ryzen 2xxx CPUs. Although it's been quite a while since Ryzen 2xxx has been released and you'd expect most 300 series boards to be shipping with updated BIOS now, there's no guarantee. Cost ~$75 USD
CPU: Fine. Cost $150 USD
GPU: Fine. Cost $180 USD
PSU: I don't like the EVGA BQ. It's their cheapest tier I know of. You don't have to break the bank. A Corsair CX550M = $35 all the way to a EVGA G3 550W = $60.
RAM: Get DDR4-3000. 2x8GB = $85
Case: This is more of a personal preference. I'll leave that to you.
Monitor: The monitor you listed is a GSync monitor(? Google is giving me mixed results). You'll want a FreeSync monitor.
Mouse/Keyboard: Personal preference.

Storage? (500GB SSD = $60 + 4TB HDD = $70)
i live in the US , and thank u for helping me
I have 3 finger on my left hand they’re small and kinda curved(iwas born like this) am wondering if i can use a keyboard for gaming , my right hand is perfectly fine but how would i use it like there so many buttons i could use the right hand for kb but what mouse would fit my left do u know a small gaming mouse

Feb 18, 2019
If you want the best bang for your buck build at this time, I would recommend buying a gtx 1070 from ebay for around $250. Also, I would recommend buying a ryzen 1600 on ebay as well. For most games, the 2600 is only 8% faster than the 1600, but the price is around 15% more. I recenlty bought a Sapphire Nitro rx 580 8gb for $180 on ebay and it works perfectly. I also bought my ryzen 1600 on ebay for $114. which is around $46 cheaper than if you bought a new ryzen 2600.
how does the 1600 do outside gaming

Feb 18, 2019
i changed some things
Cpu: 2600x or maybe 1600x
Mobo: b450 asus tuf
gpus: geforce gtx 1070 8gb
psu: corsair CX series 650w 80+ bronze
ram: 16gb patriot memory viper 4 Series 3000mhz
storage:hdd 4tb hitachi , adata 512gb 3d-nand 2.5inch
Monitor:scepter C2488-144r 24inch curve 144hz free sync

If you really want a good gaming machine, go for the 1.2K USD. At these prices it's a steal.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wk4qnH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wk4qnH/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor ($191.90 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($16.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($131.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($90.98 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Mushkin - Source 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - RE4 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($91.76 @ Monoprice)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Mini Video Card ($299.99 @ B&H)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case ($40.83 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($199.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1179.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-20 01:01 EST-0500

Feb 18, 2019
300px-Main_droite_1_an.jpg
my hand looks like this except the 2 fingers attached together, mines were detached when i was younger And my thumb doesn’t curl because i don’t have the fingertip .
could i game with a normal KB ?

That really comes down to the types of games you're playing and to what degree of competitiveness (aka online multiplayer) you intend to play.

3rd person games (League of Legends as a good free to play example) generally involve a lot of mouse clicks and minimal/no keyboard input.

First person games generally require a non-mouse hand to control character movement and/or actions not involving shooting.

Also depends on your dexterity in your left hand. There are many input options that are available, such as:
Keyboard+mouse
Mouse+keyboard
Gamepad + mouse
Xbox controller
Microsoft XBox Adaptive Controller
Etc etc

Different input options may be better fit for some games and less so for others.

Feb 18, 2019
That really comes down to the types of games you're playing and to what degree of competitiveness (aka online multiplayer) you intend to play.

3rd person games (League of Legends as a good free to play example) generally involve a lot of mouse clicks and minimal/no keyboard input.

First person games generally require a non-mouse hand to control character movement and/or actions not involving shooting.

Also depends on your dexterity in your left hand. There are many input options that are available, such as:
Keyboard+mouse
Mouse+keyboard
Gamepad + mouse
Xbox controller
Etc etc

Different input options may be better fit for some games and less so for others.

Keyboard+mouse
Mouse+keyboard
Gamepad + mouse
Xbox controller
Etc etc

what about a g600 mouse with a lot of buttons and a normal KB .

You'll have to answer that question. Again, it all comes down to dexterity - how many keyboard buttons you can consecutively hold down and how quickly you can move from button to button. I can see an "MMO/MOBA" mouse being helpful in your situation, yes. You'll have to figure out how many buttons you're comfortable with though. I personally can't keep track of that many buttons on a mouse, but something like the SteelSeries' Rival 500 has a more modest button count that is more manageable [for me]. There are countless many-button mouse options out there. Unfortunately for the sad state of brick-and-mortar stores these days, it's difficult to see/feel many of them in person before buying. Similar to trying on shoes, I need to hold a mouse in my hand before I'm comfortable buying it.

Let's put it this way - There are many free to play games on the PC that you can use to dial in your input options. League of Legends, Warframe, Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc etc etc. Thanks to the versatility of PC inputs for gaming, your left hand isn't something that will prevent you from being able to play games. Build your computer with a typical keyboard+mouse setup (you'll need those items anyway) and use that to determine what steps to take moving forward.

Last edited:
Solution
Something like the G600, or a similar mouse with many buttons (search Amazon for 'MMO Mouse' to see others with similar layouts) might be a good option so long as you could handle movement controls with your left hand. I'm not sure that array of mouse buttons would be suitable as a replacement for standard WASD movement controls, seeing as they all need to all be controlled by the thumb, but you could assign them to most other keys that a game uses though. One nice thing about PC gaming is that games usually let you reassign keys to whatever works best for you in the options, and mice like that are also likely to come with software that allows you to set their buttons to any keyboard keys. If you have trouble using keyboard keys for movement, since you may need to hold down a couple at a time, using a joystick for movement in place of the keyboard might also be worth trying. Even if a game doesn't natively support using a joystick and mouse together at the same time, there's software (like JoyToKey or XPadder) that can make a joystick emulate the WASD keys, among other things.

If you found that you preferred to use your left hand with a mouse, and your right with the keyboard, then a many-buttoned mouse might not be the best option. But if you normally use your right hand for things like writing, then it would probably be best to use that hand for the mouse as well, and assign as many keyboard inputs as is feasible to it.