Need a HDD compatibility guide

Feb 19, 2018
Is there a website where I can enter a HDD model number and find out the computers the HDD is compatible with. Specifically I have a WD 2500BJKT-75F4T0 will install seamlessly into HP/Compaq sn8430 notebook.

Lutfij

Titan
The drive you speak of can be used on a desktop so long as you have an available SATA DATA port on the motherboard as well as an available SATA power port to plug onto the HDD. Your thread's body is kind of confusing, are you aksing if the drive will drop into a notebook/laptop/mobile computing device or a desktop? Computers can often denote a desktop.

Drive seems to be 7.5mm tall so it should drop into any laptop as long as you have space for it inside the laptop(via an HDD caddy or the initial HDD spot).

Feb 19, 2018

I have been a computer technician since 1983 and worked on the first ever desktop computers, invented by Datapoint Corp. A laptop is a computer, a notebook is a computer, a desktop is a computer, a rackmount computer is a computer. I'm simply looking for a central website where I can key in a HDD make/model number and see a list of makes/models it is compatible with. Of course that model I cited is a notebook/laptop drive. And of course it will work in my floor standing desktop. I have learned from HP support the drive should operate just fine in my HP notebook. But I still need a reliable compatibility listing for the dozen or so various HDDs I have lying around my house, and which of them are compatible with the five laptops/netbooks/notebooks and whatever they want to call their computers. Just looking for the easy way out.

Feb 19, 2018

Feb 19, 2018
If you're interested at all, you might have a read about the Datapoint 2200 personal computer. Note the dual cassette drives for mass storage. https://therivardreport.com/seek-monument-datapoint-myth-versus-history/