Need a high end Gaming/OC board asap

Sh4doW

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Hey guys im putting together a new pc with the parts listed below but I cant figure out wich RAM and Mobo to buy? I want the best board so i can upgrade cpu ram ect later, and some high end RAM preferably from corsair. I had thoughts on the MSI P6N Diamond, ASUS P5K series, or the ASUS Striker Extreme. Is one of these boards what im looking for or is there a another I should consider.

Parts for new pc

E6600 (Quad later)

1x asus 8800gtx (a seccond later on)

Thermaltake Armour full tower (Black if it means anything)

Thermaltake Tough power 850wat

Samsung 22" 226BW

Western Digital Raptor drive

so yea.... Mother board and Ram is all I need guys, Thank you kindly in advance from Australia.

virgilio

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Hey,

i got the same config exept the monitor; but its the one im planning on buying in a couple of days ...
For the motherboard , it depends on what your doing with your PC, but as i can see ur gamer
personnaly i would go for the Striker Extreme..or at least for a Nvidia 680i SLI based mobo(very good for overclocking ,i overclocked my E6600 to 3.2ghz!!).the striker extreme is a pretty good one ... but the only differences u get are Blue and Red LEDs compared to the other 680i sli based mobos. so basically the price is higher...anyway go for a 680i SLi chipset.
as for the RAM i would go for the Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D PC2-8500. u can overclock it easily.

VOILA.

Good Luck ...
BTW i would suggest , for the case , this one:
http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8003bws.asp

Sh4doW

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Thank you Virgilio

I decided on the striker extreme and ordered it today. Im in high spirits today as ive just bought my Asus 8800GTX!!! and im very confident its gonna run great with the rest of my hardware. RAM how ever is a different story, I had a look at the stuff you recommended and it seems very similar to just about everything else in the dominator series? still yet to make up my mind on that.

Many thanks from Australia