Need a laptop with a CD/DVD

DianneMBA

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I need a new laptop, but I'm having trouble finding one with a CD/DVD drive. My laptop is used mostly for giving presentations, and I like a 13" size. Any suggestions?

Solution
your needs are pretty low so most any laptop you find the right size will be sufficient. you can use a site like newegg.com and start filtering laptops until something shows up at a price you like.

start filtering the dvd drive and then screen size and see what comes up from there. i'd look for something with an i5 and good battery life if you will be running it on the battery. more than likely you'll have a place to plug with the projector so this may not even be very important either. can't say i have seen a laptop without a video output so that should not be an issue either. i would check to see what connection the projector needs and ensure the laptop has that. older models still use the old vga port but newer models may actually...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what else are you going to do with it? do you want gaming abilities or just need it for office programs and the projector connection?

do you have a budget in mind? i personally like hp laptops and have gone through a number of them over the years. but everyone has their own preference.

DianneMBA

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
your needs are pretty low so most any laptop you find the right size will be sufficient. you can use a site like newegg.com and start filtering laptops until something shows up at a price you like.

start filtering the dvd drive and then screen size and see what comes up from there. i'd look for something with an i5 and good battery life if you will be running it on the battery. more than likely you'll have a place to plug with the projector so this may not even be very important either. can't say i have seen a laptop without a video output so that should not be an issue either. i would check to see what connection the projector needs and ensure the laptop has that. older models still use the old vga port but newer models may actually take an hdmi. check the projector you will be using for which one it needs.

personally i like hp laptop's and have owned many of them with no issues. i like the look and feel of them myself. your personal taste may differ and reading some reviews will let you know how a model feels to users.

Solution

DianneMBA

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

TRENDING THREADS