Feb 8, 2021
Hey all,

I currently completed my first ever build last week. A Fractal Meshify 2 case with two front mounted QL 140mm fans, a top mounted H150i Capellix Elite RGB AIO w/ 3 120mm fans, and a QL 140MM exhaust fan.

The internals are an i9 10850k with 2x16gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB pro RAM. An EVGA RTX 3070 all on a ASUS Maximus XII Hero wifi board powered by an EVGA 1000 GQ.

After booting up an doing some basic tests, I noticed in CPUID that the idle package temp does split second jumps from 27c to 47c or sometimes even 54c. Interesting enough, the 3.3v and 5v are all showing normal ranges. The 12v shows 20.756v but the BIOS reads 12.045v. when checking temps in BIOS all seem to float within acceptable ranges except the chipset is riding at 41-43c.

After calling ASUS they decided to RMA the board due to bad chipset. I guess my question is two fold. 1) Does this sound like a correct assessment on their part? 2) Once the replacement arrives what should I set the fans at to ensure closest to neutral airflow with this rig?

The latest drivers for iCUE, EVGA, RTX, and Windows are all in place.

Solution
Hey all,

I currently completed my first ever build last week. A Fractal Meshify 2 case with two front mounted QL 140mm fans, a top mounted H150i Capellix Elite RGB AIO w/ 3 120mm fans, and a QL 140MM exhaust fan.

The internals are an i9 10850k with 2x16gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB pro RAM. An EVGA RTX 3070 all on a ASUS Maximus XII Hero wifi board powered by an EVGA 1000 GQ.

After booting up an doing some basic tests, I noticed in CPUID that the idle package temp does split second jumps from 27c to 47c or sometimes even 54c. Interesting enough, the 3.3v and 5v are all showing normal ranges. The 12v shows 20.756v but the BIOS reads 12.045v. when checking temps in BIOS all seem to float within acceptable ranges except the chipset...
Hey all,

After booting up an doing some basic tests, I noticed in CPUID that the idle package temp does split second jumps from 27c to 47c or sometimes even 54c. Interesting enough, the 3.3v and 5v are all showing normal ranges. The 12v shows 20.756v but the BIOS reads 12.045v. when checking temps in BIOS all seem to float within acceptable ranges except the chipset is riding at 41-43c.

After calling ASUS they decided to RMA the board due to bad chipset. I guess my question is two fold. 1) Does this sound like a correct assessment on their part? 2) Once the replacement arrives what should I set the fans at to ensure closest to neutral airflow with this rig?

The latest drivers for iCUE, EVGA, RTX, and Windows are all in place.
Although that 12v reading looks like a glitch in sensor(s) it should not impact CPU voltages and temperature jumps which all by themselves do not indicate anything abnormal.
But..... even that one glitch in sensor may also indicate other ones are bad/wrong.

Solution