Need a liquid cooling kit recommendation for my AM3+ system

Andarthiel

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
So I'm considering upgrading/replacing my Corsair H50 mostly because it's not cooling well anymore. From reading around I realised that it's a budget cooler and hence it's short lifespan. I'm just wondering if someone can recommend me a liquid cooling kit that is actually more reliable than the one I have at the moment?
Tried to install an air cooler but most of them these have really bulky heatsinks (even low-profile) that stick out from the sides and the layout of this board makes that impossible as the RAM slots are so close to the CPU socket.

PSU:Corsair RM1000i
CPU:AMD FX 8350 ~4.0Ghz
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970-Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3(4x4)
Graphics Card:Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX

Solution
I realize it's winter in Australia but it must be quite cold in your room for idle temps to be 20c or less. 10c wouldn't be possible unless you keep your room that cold? AMD Overdrive is really the only accurate way to check the thermals on the 8350.
The H50 should not have degrading performance, they are warrantied for 5 years, but should last longer still. "Budget" or not.
If you want a cooler that will outperform the H50 and not interfere with RAM get the Cryorig H7. It has a specialized offset design, it does not interfere with ram.

Andarthiel

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

I had a look at H7 and other recommend air coolers but they're all out of stock at my local pc shops(in Australia) and online stores and I'm not paying for expensive shipping to get it from the US.
However I checked out reviews of the Corsair H105 and it was quite highly rated so I got that instead and after a difficult and lengthy installation I got it up and running. My CPU temps went from alarming 70-80 degrees celcius to an amazing 10-20 degrees celcius on idle.

uguv

Distinguished
I realize it's winter in Australia but it must be quite cold in your room for idle temps to be 20c or less. 10c wouldn't be possible unless you keep your room that cold? AMD Overdrive is really the only accurate way to check the thermals on the 8350.

Solution