Need a little advice dealing with my PSU, possibly?

Mark Dunn

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Just put together a new build last month.

board: asus B85M-G
CPU: i5 4670k
GPU: Asus GTX 770
Ram: 8gb Team Vulcan 1600Mhz
PSU: NZXT 850watt (bronze)
HeatSynch: corsair h50

Anyways, right out of the gate it was a champ. Posted on the first boot. Been smooth, no issues for a month now. Today was the first time I actually clicked "Shut down" instead of just restart and the sh** has hit the fan.

I go to turn the power on, NOTHING. No fan sounds, no beeps, absolutely dead. But the thing is my boards power LED was lit, as well as my video cards (2) power LED's, so power was getting through. So I tried to jump start it manually. Nothing. Now there is a header on my board that makes all the fans spin up and drives and all that get powered up without the computer actually starting, I do not know the name of it, but I jumped that with a screwdriver and all the fans cranked, cd drives cranked, everything. I went even a step further and got a paper clip and jumped the green and black cable on the 24 pin cable, it started the pc up for a second then it crashed right after before anything could actually load.

I also ripped everything out down to strait bare bones with nothing pluged in other then the PSU, heatsynch, cpu, and 1 stick of ram and it still would not crank.

Any ideas? A friend of mine said it could be my 5v on my PSU, but I don't have any real way to test that in my situation.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mark Dunn

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
That's what I wish I could do, unfortunately I'm overseas in the military and I'm the only one I know with a desktop computer around (everyone just has casual laptops).

Ordered a PSU tester off the internet. Hopefully that will give me some inclination.

TRENDING THREADS