need a little help with my motherboard compatibility and a few questions

Oct 30, 2018
hello, so around 3 weeks ago i bought pc parts worth 1.2k euro (in my country) which are : hi, my full build is this :

Power supply Seasonic SS-500E, 500W, bronze

CPU Cooler Be quiet! Pure Rock Slim, 92 mm

SSD Kingston Now A400 - 480GB SA400S37/480G

Graphics card Gainward GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 8GB GDDR5

Case Evolveo T3, Black / Blue (has 3 built in fans but the motherboard only had 3 ports including the cpu cooler, also i bought 3 coolers cuz i didnt know it had prebuilt ones in it, i built my pc really slowly and i couldnt refund the 3 coolers so i have them in a package)

RAM Memory ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400

Motherboard ASRock AB350M-HDV

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

my problem is that i get ingame freezings, randomly, for around 10-15 seconds, audio can be heard in a loop and then it continues after 15 seconds as if nothing happened, ive tried to monitor the temperatures, temps are not the problem, ive clean installed drivers again (i removed them with the ddu software), and ive disabled a lot of windows 10 features which have been known to cause lags/freezings ingame, now the other day when i checked my motherboards website, asrock b350m-hdv, i accidentally went on the 'cpu support list' and i saw that my 1700x isnt supported, weird i said, well amd 7 1700 is there, so it could be a programming problem that they forgot to include the 'x', i go check a better version of the motherboard, b450m-hdv, and sure enough the newer motherboard supports my current cpu, i go back to the site and it says that the cpu can be supported up to 65 watt, i go check my cpu wattage and sure enough its 90 or 90 something, anyway not trying to make this long imma make it short, could this be the freezing problem? if so, what motherboard should i choose? i live in kosovo where most of the pc parts are a little overpriced (10%-15% more than in first world countries), pcpartpicker told me that my psu doesnt have an 8 pin connector therefore its not compatible, but im pretty sure it has an 6+2 pin connector which means thats a mistake through them, but the motherboard certainly doesnt have 8 pin power connector for the cpu, meaning i need a new motherboard, thats why i created this post, to double check if i really need a new motherboard or that the problem could be elsewhere, the new motherboard i chose is GA-AX370M-DS3H, please inform me asap so i dont buy more un-needed crap, thanks a lot, also i should mention that i ran the ram module error service or what is it called which is provided from windows, it came back with no errors, meaning the ram is good, it also says that only 200mb of the ram is 'hardware reserved', meaning ram is not the problem (or so i think), im gonna buy hyperx cloud X which cost 90 euro here, also the motherboard which costs 81 euro here, and im planning on getting an 144hz monitor (250 euro)after the first two purchases, i might have to wait a little more on the last though, thanks again, appreciate any responses!

That board doesn't feature a heatsink on the VRM FET's so that may be why they didn't list the 1700x. But it should still operate just fine with the only thing being it won't boost as high or as long as normal if the VRM temperature gets warm but I tend to doubt you'd notice it.

Have you updated the motherboard BIOS? Definitely do that if you haven't. Are you attempting to overclock anything? are you trying to operate RAM on any XMP profiles? Do not attempt any overclocking until you're confident it's stable at defaults.

A 1700x (especially one that's not overclocked, while gaming that uses at most 2 cores heavily) shouldn't overload a 4 pin CPU power connector. Bu to test and rule out that possibility you can try fixing the CPU clock at something pretty moderate, say 3.2 or 3.4 Ghz, or even disabling some cores, reducing it to 6 cores. If that fixes up the problem then maybe you should go ahead and look at another board.

You also might un-install and then re-install sound drivers as there could be a conflict with residual Windows default drivers. You've already re-installed video card drivers so if none of that fixes the problem you might should try looking at the GPU itself.

BTW: I am assuming you've already checked operating temperature of the CPU and GPU and confirmed they are staying properly cooled by your fans and coolers. Again: no heatsinking on that VRM means the case must be kept well-ventilated so it doesn't overheat.

Oct 30, 2018
@drea, i said that the asrock official site said that this particular motherboard supports cpus up to 65 watt in the specifications tab, and i checked how much my cpu takes, and its around 90, so i dont think my mobo is compatible, just wanted to make sure but a friend explained it better to me, but i still listened to ur advice and i just updated my bios to the latest version, ill update later if i get any freezes, thanks!

That board is surely not the best board for an 8 core and you'd probably have been advised against it but it's the one you've got. Unless you really want to buy another one I believe it will work for you just be aware that it's going to be thermally limited. Meaning the VRM will overheat if you try to push the CPU hard with an all-core work load especially if you try to overclock. But even if the VRM does overheat it should throttle the CPU (slow down it's clock speed), it should not crash or lock up.

I'd hate for you to buy another motherboard only to find your problems are continuing because it was a faulty GPU, memory or even power supply all along. Still, if your goal is to run processes that push an 8 core CPU hard on all cores and even overclock then you should look for another board anyway.

BTW: games (most games, at least) don't push 8 cores hard, that's why 6 core CPU's are so popular for gaming rigs.

Oct 30, 2018
i got 3 days to rma my pc parts or else i will need to send them back to the official owners, i dont know how to call it but i bought it from a local store and they said that i can send it back and they will look if it has any problems within a month time window, now i am not sure if i should send all my parts at once or just one by one, would appreciate any suggestions