[SOLVED] Need a little help with the parts!

Jan 22, 2019
Hello, I'm building my first pc, and wanted to ask some questions.

My parts:

i3-8100 3.6Ghz
Gigabyte 1060 3gb G1
Gigabyte B360M DS3H
Deepcool atx tesseract bf
Cooler Master 550w
Ballistic sport 2*4Gb 2400Mhz
Seagate 1tb
Kingston SSD 120GB

I can get all of them for about 670€

1. Will the i3-8100 bottleneck the GPU in Pubg, GtaV or assassin's Creed Origins?
2. I'm getting the ram used, is this a problem?
3. I'm not sure about the PSU, is this a decent psu, and can i connect both the HDD and SSD to it? There aren't Seasonic, Evga or Corsair Psu here.
4.Do you recommend to change something? Maybe another case or Psu, if I can find them in my country.

My budget is 700€, and for this build I have to pay 670€, I live in Moldova, if this helps ;

Thanks a lot in advance!

Solution
1. It's a fairly well balanced pairing, although titles like PUBG can utilzie more CPU horsepower, cores & threads if available.
2. No, generally. RAM either works, or it doesn't. If you can test before you buy, and it works, it's no problem at all.
3. What model PSU is that, specifically? I don't believe CM make a particularly "good" 550W unit these days, but they have some 'ok' models. It depends on regional availability & pricing though. What kind of budget are you attributing to the PSU? With a 700EUR budget, I'd look to spend ~10% on the PSU, so 70EUR / 1400ish Leu.

SeaSonic units are available in Moldova. They're older platforms, but proven quality...
"Will the i3-8100 bottleneck the GPU in Pubg, GtaV or assassin's Creed Origins?"
I think that CPU and GPU will work well together.

"I'm getting the ram used, is this a problem?"
As long as it's functional it's not a problem. RAM doesn't really get old or wear out.

" I'm not sure about the PSU, is this a decent psu, and can i connect both the HDD and SSD to it? There aren't Seasonic, Evga or Corsair Psu here."

Well....normally I'd suggest Seasonic or Corsair....but being they aren't available....from what I've heard and read....in general I haven't heard anything horrible about Coolermaster.

"and can i connect both the HDD and SSD to it? "

Yes

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
1. It's a fairly well balanced pairing, although titles like PUBG can utilzie more CPU horsepower, cores & threads if available.
2. No, generally. RAM either works, or it doesn't. If you can test before you buy, and it works, it's no problem at all.
3. What model PSU is that, specifically? I don't believe CM make a particularly "good" 550W unit these days, but they have some 'ok' models. It depends on regional availability & pricing though. What kind of budget are you attributing to the PSU? With a 700EUR budget, I'd look to spend ~10% on the PSU, so 70EUR / 1400ish Leu.

SeaSonic units are available in Moldova. They're older platforms, but proven quality.
https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-seasonic-s12ii-430-bronze/145-169260?filters=10(1344)
https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-seasonic-s12ii-520-bronze/145-169263?filters=10(1344)
https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-seasonic-m12ii-520-bronze-evo-edition-ss-520gm2/145-181229?filters=10(1344)

All totally capable of powering that system - although I'd probably lean towards one of the 520W units given the relatively small price difference.

4. There's always changes that *could* be made. Personally, I'd consider a Ryzen platform - R5 1600 or R5 2600, depending on pricing, of course.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS