[SOLVED] need a long lasting mobo 1151

towncarblue

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
i have a i5-9600k with a gigabyte z390 gaming X mobo, xfx rx-570 video card,16gb corsair ram, 650w psu.
my gigabyte mobo just died {almost lasted a year}. due to this coronavirus getting a new mobo is very tough
so i bought the best my local microcenter had {asrock b365 pro4} . i used to buy asus maximus hero boards but they
too expensive now. i used to pay about $200 usd until they started making the prime,tuf series, now they want around $300 usd.

anyway.... i do very light overclocking {whatever the xmp sets} .
im looking for a replacement mobo, something durable with a generous warranty. around $150-$200 usd
what can you recommend ????

Solution
Honestly, I'd just get whatever motherboard suits your purposes and budget. I'd say the fact that yours died on you is just a bit of bad luck. In my 20+ years of system building, I've had one board (ASRock 939Dual-SATAII) die on me and that was after several years of normal use.

-Wolf sends

towncarblue

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
i have a i5-9600k with a gigabyte z390 gaming X mobo, xfx rx-570 video card,16gb corsair ram, 650w psu.
my gigabyte mobo just died {almost lasted a year}. due to this coronavirus getting a new mobo is very tough
so i bought the best my local microcenter had {asrock b365 pro4} . i used to buy asus maximus hero boards but they
too expensive now. i used to pay about $200 usd until they started making the prime,tuf series, now they want around $300 usd. too bad ... each Asus Maximus board-lasted over 5 years.

anyway.... i do very light overclocking {whatever the xmp sets} .
im looking for a replacement mobo, something durable with a generous warranty. around $150-$200 usd
what can you recommend ????

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
MSI MPG Z390 gaming pro Carbon is the board I use. It’s in that same range for cost and has overclocking capabilities. The only downside is it doesn’t have WiFi, so if that’s something you need. But would recommend this board.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Honestly, I'd just get whatever motherboard suits your purposes and budget. I'd say the fact that yours died on you is just a bit of bad luck. In my 20+ years of system building, I've had one board (ASRock 939Dual-SATAII) die on me and that was after several years of normal use.

-Wolf sends

Solution