Need a monitor advice

finnigen007

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
Hello, I have a very old 27' monitor (ca 7+ years), so I decided to buy a new one:
http://www.webhallen..._sankbar-g-sync
Originally I thought I could use my old monitor as a second monitor, but then I found out that my brother who rent it to me would like to have it back. I would only use the gsync monitor for gaming. So my question is should I buy this gsync monitor and then just a cheap other monitor or two of the same okay monitors or should I only buy the gsync monitor?
( I would use them to mainly game on the one and have a wiki or my music on the other one, I also do some level design, were some more screen space could always help)

My Specs:
Amd fx 8350
With a noctua nh-d14
Msi gtx 970 overclocked a little
16 gb ddr3 ram
Asus m5a97 r2.0
4 case fans
Samsung 250gb ssd
2 terabyte hdd
Be quiet 600w 80 silver plus
Bitfenix Shinobi

Solution

Hmm, well, you can get triple IPS set up later if just go with one g sync. But if it was me, since I don't do more than 1 monitor/TV, I personally would for g sync if I don't do a lot of multi tasking stuff. So it really depends on what you do, just solely gaming, if so, then I'd say get g sync enabled monitor. If you like doing more than gaming at once, I'd say get multi...

robax91

Distinguished
If you really want one with G-sync, just get a single decent one for gaming and a random monitor for the second one (for browsing, video, music etc) unless you plan to do multi monitor gaming. Getting a second one for non gaming use would really be a huge waste. Or you could wait a small while because some of the newer "free sync" monitors should be coming out soon after CES.

finnigen007

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

That is what I said, that I either buy ONE g-sync monitor and one normal one or two okay one, but without g-sync?

finnigen007

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

The AOC g-sync monitor I linked is around 335 euro.

-Lone-

Admirable

Hmm, well, you can get triple IPS set up later if just go with one g sync. But if it was me, since I don't do more than 1 monitor/TV, I personally would for g sync if I don't do a lot of multi tasking stuff. So it really depends on what you do, just solely gaming, if so, then I'd say get g sync enabled monitor. If you like doing more than gaming at once, I'd say get multi monitor set up.

Solution