Current specs;
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: Radeon Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+
PSU: Corsair CX750M
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO M.2
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

So, starting off, I got my new GPU today. Swapped from a GTX 1070 FE, I uninstalled all Nvidia software and overclock settings and rebooted the computer before installing the new GPU.
After installing the new GPU, I downloaded drivers and AMD Radeon Adrenaline software to make sure everything was up to date. Is it normal for a brand new GPU to stutter a little bit here and there? To go into deeper depth, I've been having USB disconnecting issues for some time, thinking my Power Supply is cutting off the USB's in order to save power. The extras I have inside my computer is a Corsair H100i, Corsair Commander Pro and a Corsair Lighting Node Pro. I have 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans on my computer as an added note. Does this sound like I need a more powerful power supply? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
750 Watt is more than enough. it only consumes 265W. I would recommend downloading Malwarebyte and run a scan.
Overheating sometimes cause stuttering so you would want to track your CPU/GPU temperature. you could use MSI Afterburner for example.
Also, is USB disconnecting problem occurred before or after replacing the GPU? what kind of USBs are plugged in beside Mouse & Keyboard.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
750 Watt is more than enough. it only consumes 265W. I would recommend downloading Malwarebyte and run a scan.
Overheating sometimes cause stuttering so you would want to track your CPU/GPU temperature. you could use MSI Afterburner for example.
Also, is USB disconnecting problem occurred before or after replacing the GPU? what kind of USBs are plugged in beside Mouse & Keyboard.

Solution